Hands on activities your kids will love


Note To Self:

"There is a good side to clutter. Learn to embrace it."




Our creative space is really a room in our home. That is in reality the smallest one. 
I guess what I am trying to say is, that in order to be creative you really don't need much. 
I, however, like to display every single map we have.

Clutter my space with every magazine cutting I find interesting.
Sort of like a Pinterest board.

On this day I was painting some hoodoos and my son was working on a
very interesting digging project. 

Other Stuff We Keep:

We also have an upright piano and a violin in this room. 
It is the room in the house where practicing takes place at times. 
In the back a big dry erase board fills the space with all the facts
we like to remember.

Note To Self:

"Create childhood memories that will stay with your kids forever. 
I surely remember the smell of my grandmother's chicken soup. Every time I 
come across the same aroma I suddenly remember the happy times."



Plants make me happy. 
I want to add some more to our school room this year. 
I have my eyes set on a few like the famous sissy plants. 
Don't you just love those pictures of people where there is always a plant somewhere?

Perhaps they look more realistic. 

The plant is also creating some cozy mood in the corner and black doors
really hide away all printers and more books we like to keep.
Closets are my best friends and even though we have some mess in this room.
There is the kind of overwhelming one that I do not like.


Digging Projects Are Soooooo Relaxing......

There is a time in every mom's life in which you wonder if your kids are still home
because you can hear the silence as time passes by.

Yes, it happened to me during the digging project.
My son was so into it, I was able to check my email, wash the dishes and even
steam the floors without getting a question from him.
Isn't that telling me something?

We need more of these projects................

I have heard of this project before
and has been in my TO DO LIST for the longest time.

We actually have never tried it until this day but I have seen so many
homeschooling moms use it while teaching about fossils, I had to give it a try.


A Little Box of Wonder

I like to call it a "little box of wonder".
The excavation kit comes with a brush, a digging tool with two
different ends glue. 
The glue is to be used to put the dinosaur together after excavation.
Your kids can keep this dinosaurs as their finished project.

Memories.....memories....memories.
Aren't they so cherished?


We also used water to help us excavate.
Definitely a great project for the outdoors, if the weather permits.
Unless
You are like me............
crazy enough to get your little ones to plaster away indoors.

Nooooooooo. You say?
Well......then

Outdoors it is!

Take a Closer Look at Our
Fossil Interactive Notebook


No comments:

Post a Comment