Our HomeSchool Curriculum

From the day my son was born I made the decision Homeschooling would be our choice.With this idea in mind I started to teach him year after year using different methods and online activities.
One that proved to be successful was ABC mouse another one was Starfall. Both use a very dynamic way to teach kids phonics and introducing them to early reading through concepts.

Daniel after school in the Florida Keys

We have progressed above those online resources and now we are five years old and completed First Grade Curriculum, but rather than moving on to Second Grade I have decided to reinforce those learned concepts up until the summer of this year. Call me slow but it is one of those mother's hunches type of feeling. Therefore First Grade it is!!!

What I will do, however is switch to a different method so I have chosen the Lifepac series for Math, Language Arts and Science. This will keep us busy probably up until the end of the year. It is said to be very successful and after we have completed it I will post my ideas and comments on that.

In the meantime. Here is our Daily Curriculum in our Hermits Homeschool

7:30 Breakfast Time
8:00 Morning Chores (making beds and organizing his own room)points rewarded
8:30 Music Singing and Sight words
8:45 Phonics, Writing cursive and doing four daily pages of Explode the Code

10:00 Snack
10:30 Switch to Mathematics sometimes review of learned material
11:30 Telliing Time Review (we dedicate half hour to this for improvement)

LUNCH

After School Activities start in the afternoon when I head to work.


LifePac Review https://www.aophomeschooling.com/lifepac_overview