The Appalachian Mountains Lap Book

A unit comprising activities, lap book and informational text. Filled with maps of Pangea and North America for students to 
visually learn about the Appalachian Mountains.


We are learning flora and fauna as well through the eyes of the Native American
Indians that lived in the area.


Our project started with a one file folder and one card stock insert. 
We have space for a lot of information. 
Lap Books are meant to be review stations, where your students will keep visual 
photo cards and even write about what they have learned inside. 
This is an example of them personalizing the project and making it their own. 

I like using visuals for everything in our classroom.............

For instance, I remember when we first started talking about Pangea. 
I could tell my son was understanding the info but it was not 

being retained. 


So a few days later, I proved my theory to be true when I asked 
Sooooo...... What did we learn yesterday?


The Use of Visual through Lap Booking 

and

 Interactive Notebooks


I decided I was going to make big visual boards for our classroom.
Obviously it was time consuming and rather expensive. 

Lap Books and Interactive Notebooks became so much affordable and 
for once I could do them myself on my computer. 

This is why lap books are our main learning source, way and so important in our curriculum.

More Pictures of Our Lap Book


Coloring and making sense of where the Appalachian Mountains are. 
We colored this map of North America and shaded the area of the 
Appalachian Mountains and even the Rocky Mountains. 

Download Unit Now




No comments:

Post a Comment